Dienstag, 2. April 2013

Review: Press-on manicure

Hello out there, darlings! (≧▽≦)

Today school started again for me.
I'm now in the 2nd year of nursing and so the first exams will come in July...
Only 3 months left until I have to pass the tests. (;´Д`)ノ
Argh... 絶対に頑張ります!
Lucky me got a change regarding the department I would have been... I don't have to work at the  Nephrology but at the Neurological surgery department!!    v(^-^)v
Thank God! I'm really not into renal stuff.

Thanks to the still lasting winter I had to wear winter clothes again...
I hate it. Really. It's too depressing. (T__T)
Wanna have sunshine... wanna have a spring breeze... ♥


As for today I wanted to write a short review about the press-on manicure I bought.

I've already shown it before but here are detailed pictures.
(Click on them to enlarge)






☆ Package design

The package design is made nicely. It seems to be a bottle but indeed it's a case.
You can see exactly what the 24 nails look like.
On the backside you will find the instruction written in English, French and German.






☆ Nails

The nails themselves are made of flexible material.
They have small transparent strips at the bottom.
(You have to pull them off - in the inside of the nail is the glue, covered by that transparency.)
The package contributes 24 nails in different sizes so it's easy to find one nail for each finger.

Good point: The design of the nails is really well made and of good quality. You have a variety to choose from and most of them are an eye catcher.
Bad point: The nails are still kind of sharp on the upper part. You may have to file down the
breaking spots in the middle of the nails. The edges are also a bit sharp. D:




☆ How to

So it's an easy "Pull the transparency off and press them on your nails."
After pressing-on they were just too long and I cut them shorter - no problem!
The nails stick to my real ones and still the material is soft so you can cut them easily as you.

Still: It felt really strange. The glue really really clings to your nail which is good on one hand.
On the other hand, my index and two other fingers continued hurting until morning, so I had to peel the nails off the next day. (Not all of them... strange.)
I definitely recommend to use nailpolish remover before you want to do so!
(I didn't because the instruction also told that you can do it without)
It IS possible to remove them that way but it's not comfortable.

Good point: After removing no signs of remaining glue or damage on your nails - as promised.
I can also imagine that the nails would hold for a few days because they are strongly fixed to your fingers if you do it right.
Bad point: Removing them without nailpolish remover may be hurting a little bit.






☆* Conclusion *☆

I really wanted to wear them for the party but although they are made of good quality and the design of the nails are always of good design, too, in my opinion the glue is a bit too strong.
(And my nails aren't soft or fragile at the moment)

The designs themselves differ from cool to cute to simple French. You may find something you like.

The fact that you can cut them without any problem is another Pro argument.

Price: 8,99-13,95€. Differs because of design's complexity. Complex design, complex price. ;)
I bought them vor 8,99€ and it fits the quality.

Maybe I just got a wrong box but I don't want to try it again because the feeling is really weird and because of the nails' softness I always feared that they would break of my fingers. ^^;



that's it for today!
bai bai ♥