Freitag, 22. Mai 2015

London Spring 2015 (1)

Hello Gals!

Today I want to talk about my short trip to London! <3


I've never been in this city before, so I was really looking forward to it
and furthermore it was the first time that I travelled alone to another country.





I decided very spontaneously but got some price offer, booking the flight and hotel.

On 7th April the flight to London Luton started at Berlin Schönefeld,
so I needed an hour to go there.
I really have to plan more time for the check-in next time but I just got my flight, haha.




Best weather and listening to
"Au revoir" by Mark Forster.



Waiting for boarding.




Around 10AM we arrived after a safe flight with Easyjet airlines.
I've never heard of Luton before but it's a nice little airport with all the important stuff you need.
I just checked the shops and already knew that I wouldn't eat one of those packed sandwiches there.
My stomach really is sensitive but the sandwiches weren't my favourite kind of food, too.




Waiting for my National Express.


For real:
William and Kate masks?


With the national express bus I got into town.
We stopped at Baker Street and I was so happy to be there since I'm a Sherlockian and just being there let my heart thump loudly and fast.



My first red London bus I've ever seen live. <3





With the tube I went to Paddington - and I got lost.
Choosing the wrong exit I really needed my twenty minutes to get to the main road.
Finding my hotel in the Sussex area, it was already possible to check-in and I just took some photos in my room and recorded the first video.

My room was a single one - small but nice.
The bed was doublesized but I liked it very much. It was very comfortable.
Very British in every single way.

Just putting down my handbag I went straightly back to Baker Street - just having a stop at Tesco's to buy some water and bananas.
Around Baker Street is this pretty awesome Sherlock Holmes sculpture.
A nice lady could be ask to take a photo of me in front of it.
(I get used to ask people for this, haha)
Unfortunately I just noticed back home that the sculpture was also able to speak.




Just love the architecture of that station


The queue in front of the Sherlock Holmes museum was a bit long but you really didn't have to wait too long.
Just buying the ticket in the shop next door I was able to take a look at all the nice merchandise.

The Sherlock Holmes museum really is great!
It was awesome seeing all the rooms and the details of Holmes' work.

Afterwards I just needed to buy some things in the shop - but that wasn't the last time of buying something there, haha.


We're a good team


Couldn't resist to do the Sherlock pose


Here you could put your own little note.
A great kind of guestbook. <3


Now I wanted to go to the National Gallery because there are so many famous paintings and there isn't any entrance fee.
Going to Picadilly Circus with the tube it was really exciting stnading there and at Trafalgar Square later.
I only could have a quick glance of the Gallery because it was closing soon and there are to many rooms and ways to go through.


Outside there are already was a lot of action at Trafalgar Square.
Many people meet here, there are also a lot of street performers and musicians so I took a little break and shared the moment with nice music.




Pretty nice singer!


The typical telephone boxes


The weather just was wonderful, so I had to go to London Eye next.
It really isn't cheap but totally worth its money - you have a wonderful view for 30 minutes. <3





Afterwards I just had to walk to the Big Ben, doing some little sketch on my way of the Themse and enjoy the beautiful sight of this spot.

The bell's sound is absolutely unique! <3



My home is my castle -  or something like that, right? ;D




Part II is in preparation process! <3

See you! <3