Mittwoch, 23. April 2014

Hanami Berlin 2014

My dear Gals,

today I report about the cherry blossom festival in Berlin, which is held every year in April in the Gardens of the World.

For me it's a tradition to go there since 2007.
There were some lacks because of graduation, work or weather but this year I was also able to go.




Therefore I went to Lisa's in the morning so we could have some breakfast and getting ready for the festival.
I definitely should have slept more.
It wasn't easy for me to give some bright shining smiles all the day.     -w

We had some nice time there, met a bunch of people (Hello, Lau! ♪) and took some photos.
In the end it really was a calm day.
Usually there are a lot people we are with but this time it was just us two alone.

Because there was also a stall of Neo Tokyo I just took the chance to get the new Popteen issue.
I couldn't resist. ♥

Some funny things of the day:

♫   Elderly people were really interested to ask us about the festival and the phenomena 'cosplay'.
♪    Three groups of Asian people wanted to take photos with us. (Why?! xD)
♫   Kids around 12-14 yrs. addressed us formally with the German "Sie"
      (You just use this for grown ups. So we felt some kind of old. Haha.)
♪    It was too easy to get in if you have an annual ticket. I really felt sorry for all the people who had to stand       in the long queues (I guess there were... three of them?)


I also did some video recording, so there aren't a lot of pictures of the festival itself.
In the end there weren't any cherry blossoms at all because they were all gone with the wind. ^^;



So just some screen shots from the video data ♥



One of the three crowds - and just the half of it


Byebye, cherryblossoms!
See you next year! (;///;)


The weather was better than expected.
We prayed!


Some dancing and other performances


But THEY could also dance


Just when we wanted to go home a nice Kirito cosplayer
asked us for some pictures and we said 'Yes'.
But...



... then he wasn't the only one.
Some unknown audience got together at the place.
WHY? (x/D")






Just a short thought of people and photos

I really don't have a problem that people take pictures.
If you are a cosplayer and went to such a public event you have to think of it.
BUT:  it would be all over nice if people could just ask before taking photos.

It's just a "Please wait, I want to take a picture of you!" and I would usually say "Okay."

So why is it always a problem for others?
They also don't want that WE take pictures of THEM without asking.

We are cosplayers but we are no dolls!
That is always a fact that really gets on my nerves when I attend a convention.




  ♥  



So and last but not least some pictures of our little shooting.


I finally wore the yukata my penpal Chie sent me last year.
It was a little fight to get the obi right but thanks to Youtube no problem. ;D





The shoes aren't fitting but it was too cold
for real geta (>.<)"


I really love this last picture.
Editing the colours was much fun. ♥



   ♥