Sonntag, 8. März 2015

Every girl needs NANA ... or what I need

Hello Gals,

it's been so long!

I passed the practical exam a few days ago, so there's only the oral exam left in two weeks.
I'm feeling that much better now since the last weeks were hell to me.





Because I had some resolutions - here is the "TBC" from January:


♪ I gained 2kg and I'm happy about it even though it was of course having an all flat belly (haha).
But I'm feeling better.

♪ I was preparing a lot of stuff for the portfolio which I wanted to present Tokyopop but there is still too much to do. I can't make it to the bookfair in a week and so I will pass. But just to let some time go by and work even harder. I'm satisfied with the things I can draw right now, nevertheless. :)
♪ No real travel plans yet but still want to go to London or Amsterdam.
♪ I haven't practised Japanese ONCE this year (lol).

♪ Trying being nicer took effort. But I really try. Situations relaxed at home a lot since January.
♪ I already look for an own flat with a friend. :)






Things will work out fine.

I'm finally almost free to do what I like and I LOVE IT. <3
I feel like having a life again, haha.



So... life.... what is my plan?


Well let's talk about some PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE things.

Recently, I started to read NANA by Yazawa Ai again and also watched the anime and the movie.
Do you know this great series?




It's about two girls' life: Osaki Nana and Komatsu Nana.
They are so different and still they become friends and each others support.
Their lives and their friendship consist of ups and downs and in the end...

Well, we don't know.
Yazawa-san hasn't drawn anything since leaving hospital a few years ago, except some illustrations and the corner part.

I really love this story of Nana and Hachi.
I love how Yazawa-san put all the chaotic feelings of being a twen into the story and how this does work.
I love how a lot of situations of the manga touches me.

A few years ago I also had sympathy for NANA but right now it seems I really understand things better.


Then there's also another one by Ashihara Hinako: Sunadokei.
It's series with 10 volumes and was published by Planet Shojo here in Germany years ago.




Telling Ann's story the whole thing is about growing up, overcome obstacles in life, being in love for the first time... the whole stuff.

So what's so special, except the artist's style I really love?

I read the story around 2006/2007.
It was the first real slice-of-life I ever read without being focused on serious issues (Confidential Confessions) but about life itself.

Right now, rereading it, a lot of things cleared up.
Things, I couldn't felt back when because I haven't experiemced them.
Now I have and I also have to say that Ashihara did very well in showing all the confusing things you will may have to endure in order to grow.

Of course there are many romantic, shojo-like, scenes - because it IS shojo, but nevertheless it's far more realistic than I have ever imagined.
Haha.

It's very easy to be trapped and stuck in the past because we meet a lot of people and we will lose a lot of people. It's easy because we can't know it all.

Reading these two series makes me in some places very nostalgic but also energetic because I finally seem to get a little bit closer to myself again.


So at the moment things are like this:

I have a job offer and will sign the contract soon, so I will start my new work in Mid April.
I'm looking forward to it even though I'd love it to have a little bit more freetime, but that's life, haha.

I'm looking for a shared flat with a friend and we may have already found something pretty, pretty nice. I hope that's possible. <3

I'm working on tidying up my stuff.
Recently I sold a lot to Ebay and I will look for more things, too.
Almost everyday there is something I will throw away or give away and that feels good.
Today were a lot of old clothes.
So right now I'm doing all the organizing stuff but it's fun.
Really.

Relax and take my time.
That's so much better.

I don't care for big conventions at all.
Next would have been bookfair in Leipzig but I'm glad I can't go.

I also don't feel the need of doing too much cosplay.
There are still two projects I want to finish and that's it maybe for real.





I'm looking forward to the next months of this year.

<3



And right now I will do my nails... and relax even more.

Have all a great Sunday and a nice start next week!